Limited stock avaiable for the holidays. If purchasing as a single-bottle gift, we will include a Powers logo single-bottle wood box to ship the wine in. Please make this request at checkout under the "additional comments" section.
Coyote Vineyard is located in the Wahluke Slope AVA, one of the warmer growing regions in the state with a very low amount of rainfall. This climate helps to control the vigor of the vine and enables us to ripen the fruit to the fullest potential. One of the consistencies that we have with this particular block of Cabernet Sauvignon is a very subtle mint/eucalyptus aromatic notes that are showcased with dark rich fruits in this 2014 vintage of Coyote Cabernet Sauvignon. We harvested the fruit in early October and used the pump-under fermentation process with PDM yeast. The wine was then aged for 32 months in 58% new French Oak barrels with the other 42% in neutral French Oak Barrels.
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
100% Coyote Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Wahluke Slope
Diverse layered aromatics of black cherry, anise, and leather with a hint of eucalyptus on the nose leads into dense flavors of black currant, Bing cherry and sage that linger on this complex palate. With firm dusty lush tannins that are balanced by a nice touch of oak, acidity, and spice on the finish, this is a very opulent and layered Cabernet Sauvignon that will age nicely.
Release Date: Aug 24, 2017
Residual Sugar: Dry
1106 North Jurupa StreetKennewick, WA 99338800.643.WINE (9463)
© 2019 Powers Badger Mountain Vineyards